Friday, April 22, 2011

Prague's Anglican Minister: The Reverend Ricky Yates

Happy Good Friday readers! Today I was delighted to see my pastor in Prague, Chaplain Ricky Yates of St. Clement's Anglican Church, properly written up in the Prague Post and recognized for his work serving the English-speaking expat community in Prague.

Regular readers of my blog know how incredibly tight-knight I found the expat church community at St. Clement's and how Pastor Ricky was there for me and my friend Anna when we got in a tight spot with our visas.  I simply can't say enough about the community of people there and his leadership of us.  Click on my title to read the whole article. You can also look to the right of this post and see the link for Ricky's blog.  Best of all though, if you're in Prague, head on down to the church on a Sunday morning at 11 a.m. to tell him hello yourself.  You'll be glad you did.

3 comments:

Tanja said...

wow,that's great!
From what I understand he preaches only to the English-speaking audience? The title suggests he is trying to give hope to some unbelieving Czechs...but how does he do that if he speaks mostly to the English-speaking patriots?

PS: He should trim his eyebrows ;)

hospitalera said...

Hi Karen,

Firstly, thank you for your kind words, the link to 'The Prague Post' article & the link to my blog.

If I may, I'd like to respond to the comment by Tanja. The title of the article was chosen, either by Lisette Allen the reporter, or by her editor. I only gave the interview - I didn't write the article itself.

My aim is to serve the English-speaking community within Prague & the wider Czech Republic. If fluent English-speaking Czechs & Slovaks choose to worship with us, (as a number do), that's fine. But I don't try to usurp the work of the Czech Churches.

As for my eyebrows - my wife likes them & tells me off when I do occasionally trim them a little!

BlackGirl said...

Karen, thanks for the heads-up about the article. Maybe I can have Rev. Rick on the podcast someday to talk about this "in" thing. :)

 
Travel Sites Catalog All Traveling Sites Expat Women—Helping Women Living Overseas International Affairs Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory expat Czech Republic website counter blog abroadWho links to me? Greenty blog