Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Empty Next Expat Chosen as a Top Expat Blog by Tripbase

For a second year in a row, 'Empty Nest Expat' has been chosen as one of the best expat blogs in the world by Tripbase. I even moved up a spot on the list.  The Tripbase staff hand picked blogs among many choices in many different categories.  I am thrilled to be recognized for a second time!

This is a tough year for me to blog because between trying to stay in the Czech Republic and now getting censored in Turkey, it's just flat out hard to sustain blogging! For example, I can't even physically see my blog to see how the layout looks so I hope their award badge looks ok. I appreciate you, gentle reader, coming back when I go awhile without a post due to no stable living spot or no access to my blog.  Sometimes I think that's the secret of my readership, I'm not always reporting how everything is going swimmingly because a lot of the times it is not.

I also love when you leave me comments! I wish I could reply to them presently, but I haven't yet figured out how to put up a reply comment through my secret blogging back door that gets around the Turkish censors.  So please know I'm happy you're here.  Thanks for reading "Empty Nest Expat' and making it one of Tripbase's "Top Expat Blogs." Click on my title for their original press release.

4 comments:

Aaron said...

Congratulations. Viewing your blog from Turkey only because I use a proxy service called Viscosity. Costs a bit, but now I get to both blog and read blogs via Phoenix, AZ. Congratulations again!

Christopher said...

Congrats on your award Karen. Any idea on when your coming back to the Czech Republic?

Paul Reed-Peck said...

Really enjoy reading your blog posts, congrats on the award!

BlackGirl said...

Congrats Karen!

 
Travel Sites Catalog All Traveling Sites Expat Women—Helping Women Living Overseas International Affairs Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory expat Czech Republic website counter blog abroadWho links to me? Greenty blog