Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving With New Friends

A beautiful Thanksgiving table
at Sher and Jiři's place


Sher and Jiři


Sher and me


I don't think anyone could have felt more welcomed to the Czech Republic when they arrived than I did. My blogging buddies immediately made me feel at home. Sher from Czech Off the Beaten Path invited me to join her and her husband for a magical thanksgiving at their place.

Sher cooked her turkey in a combination convection oven/microwave, something I have never seen before. I don't know what a convection oven is but I enjoyed our conversation so much I forgot to look at it and see how it works. Dinner was fabulous and so was the company. I was sent home with leftovers, a book of Czech fairytales, another of Prague legends, and yet another of Prague history.

1 comment:

Sher said...

Great post! It was great to have you as a guest to our home--we enjoyed it very much! It's great to finally meet you and get together! Looking forward to the next time!

 
Travel Sites Catalog All Traveling Sites Expat Women—Helping Women Living Overseas International Affairs Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory expat Czech Republic website counter blog abroadWho links to me? Greenty blog