Monday, May 12, 2008

Baby Steps toward Selling

My baby step toward selling this house that I'm celebrating today is that the lawn man did two solid days of work on the yard and the wild "forest" of uncontrolled trees the original owner/developer left growing in the backyard. The trees and understory bushes don't look quite as untouched now. I'm not sure that's a good thing. At least the organic debris on the "forest" floor is cleaned up and not fuel for a fire (I'm trying to think like a very critical buyer - all I ever saw was the beauty of the trees).

My next two vendors to deal with are the painters and the carpet layers. The painters are supposed to paint this week. Carpet to come the following.

Daughter #2 has become addicted to applying for college scholarships. Every week another "yes" comes in. Her goal is to have her first year entirely financed from scholarships. So far she is at 60%. She is making her father sooooooo happy. That's a good thing.

She has additional assignments to turn in plus a United States Constitution test to pass before she officially walks across that stage.

May we all keep on task this week and focus on what's in front not in the future!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen,

Thanks for the nice comment about my blog. You can certainly link it to yours if you like. I don't know if I will keep it up after we move back to the States or not - we'll see what happens and how the spirit moves me (or doesn't). I plan to start my first novel so that may take all of my writing energy. I would be interested in learning what is bringing you to Prague (in addition to your sense of adventure). In any case, good luck. It is a beautiful city but at times extremely frustrating.

Best Regards,

AL

Karen said...

Al, I want to take a TEFL course teach English as a foreign language possibly as a serial expatriate depending on how I do with that "frustration" level. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen,

I've just discovered your blog. I can't help you with TEFL courses but I must tell you that what you want to do is totally mind-blowing. Just to sell a house and change continents. How American! You will have to explain a lot when you are in Prague because this is totally incompatible with the Czech mentality. Fingers crossed!

If you want to learn some survival Czech (you will get by with English in Praha but not elsewhere), this forum might be helpful:
http://forum.wordreference.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44

Karen said...

Thank you Jana. Just trying to get my house ready for sale is blowing my mind. As a single woman, most of this "home maintenance" stuff is not my native language, even if it's English!

 
Travel Sites Catalog All Traveling Sites Expat Women—Helping Women Living Overseas International Affairs Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory expat Czech Republic website counter blog abroadWho links to me? Greenty blog